Saturday 6 September 2014

Survey Answers

Remember the student info sheet I gave you on the first day of class?  I asked you the following questions:

  • What do you like about yourself?
  • What would make this a good class for you?

Well, here are some of the answers you wrote down!

What do you like about yourself?

  • me
  • personality x2
  • well rounded
  • have friends
  • can sleep anywhere
  • enthusiastic x2
  • always happy
  • don’t know
  • like sports
  • eager to learn
  • creative
  • hard work, understanding
  • optimistic
  • nothing
  • ambition
  • imagination
  • active
  • friendly most of the time
  • careful
It's great to see you guys like so many things about yourselves.  I give you this list to encourage you to find things you like in each other.  Together we can make the class into a welcoming, safe environment for everyone.

What would make this a good class for you?


  • take notes x4
  • visuals x2
  • labs, hands on activities x2
  • practice and formative quizzes x2
  • posted notes
  • no memorizing
  • after school help
  • real life examples
  • fun x3
  • understandable
  • learning concepts
  • good mark
A lot of things on this list I have control over as a teacher.  I assure you I will try my best to make this a good class for all of you.  There are some things on here that are not up to me though.  For example, "good marks," depends on what YOU do.  To make this a good class, we all need to work together.  Make sure you come see me and let me know if you are ever have any concerns about the class.  I am always open to hearing your suggestions to make this class a great experience for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment